My poor tomato's bottom leaves have gone from gnarly to really crunchy. Oops haha.
Not too much chlorophyll going on in these guys. I do, however, have some tomato flowers showing up!
The broccoli seems to be doing a little better, the leaves are getting really frilly. Hopefully this means that I might have a broccoli head on the way! I have been feeding the column flowering nutes so maybe it will start to flower.
It's a jungle!
Yay for beans! The BF and I have eaten two of them already. Those spots on the leaves have gotten worse though. I have no clue what this is! Most of the leaves are really healthy, its just the few that look messed up.
I am thinking I might take these leaves off if they start to get really messed up. But I don't want to cause the plant too much trauma either.
Now here we have a shot of the reservoir... this week I started to flush the system because I heard that you should flush with water before you eat anything. Not too sure why this is, but I wanted to try it out. Truthfully, I took this picture so you can compare to the horrors that are plaguing my second column...
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It's the ATTACK OF THE ALGAE!!!
Gross. I don't know if it is the white duct tape, or the tempest stuff, but I don't have algae in the first column that I built. It's in the airlift and everything. It's EVERYWHERE! The other pepper doesn't show algae, but it has a bunch of salt on it's leaves.
Hopefully I can figure out this problem by next week. I shall keep you posted!